6/11/2008

Did I Overreact???

Okay....Where to start?

Just a little frustrated with my behavior at my daughter's soccer practice today.

Let me preface this with the fact that ever since I had my two kids, I lost my brain. I'm convinced a little came out with my placenta each time. Sorry for the visual, but if it makes you feel better, I make a damn good looking placenta if you ask me!
Neither here nor there! Focusing...

What I'm trying to say is that I can't remember anything anymore. Let's just say that I spend a large part of my day looking for keys.

Anyway, I go to soccer practice proud of the fact that my daughter (her name is Devin-thanks for asking) has clean socks and that I remembered to pick her friend up on the way. The girls get going, and I break out my Costco folding chair and proceed to find a location to camp out.

The "team mom" comes over and asks me for the check and order form for Devin's warm-ups and some other stuff. Of course I have to act like I knew this was due and scribble out a check. She also wants to know if Dev will be able to make it to some tournament in July. July?? Like I know what I'm doing in July. I lied to her and told her" yeah". Another mom wanted to know if she was going to make it to summer camp in August. August? What a joke. When another mom came up, I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't keep my lies straight, I wanted to be congratulated for putting clean socks on my kid, etc. I had so many emotions going on and I just wanted it to stop, so I did the obvious. As the rest of you would have, I threw myself to the ground and yelled, "INCOMING!!". I know I handled it right since no one bothered me the rest of the time.

Okay, of course I didn't do that. Who would throw themselves to the ground? I tucked and rolled as to not hurt myself...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, you are not alone! I was just reading about this phenomenon of moms being forgetful. They call it Momnesia. Yes, they have a name. lol.

Here's the article:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=5054913&page=1

Kimberly said...

I love your daughters name! Before our 3rd was born if he had been a girl that would have been his name, but he was a boy so Kieran it is. :)

Dette said...

lol - I know what you mean! I can hardly keep track of it all - h*ll - who am I kidding?

I KNOW I can't keep track of it all. ;)

And no - I don't think you overreacted at all :)